White Bean Chicken Chili 🥣
Officially loving soul season and had to share this new favourite recipe with you.
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 (16oz.) can white kidney beans
- 1 cup organic corn
- 6 cups broth
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 3 tablespoons flour (or tapioca flour for gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon Chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- dash of fresh ground pepper
- option to top with fresh cilantro, avocado, green chilies or shredded cheese
1. In a large pot sauté garlic, onion, cubed chicken over medium heat. I have non-stick pots so I don’t use cooking oil, if chicken sticks add 1 tbsp avocado oil. When chicken is cooked remove from pot and set aside.
2. In pot over medium heat add butter and flour, stir to make paste (this will make a thicker Chili without using dairy or nuts). Slowly add broth one cup at a time, continue to stir and broth will slowly thicken.
3. Add in spices, drained and rinsed white kidney beans, corn, and cooked chicken.
4. Simmer until desired consistency and serve with favourite garnishes.
Recipe note - I made a second batch with corn, carrots, cabbage and a bit of broccoli. It was delicious! Customize the veggies to your family. My kids liked the white bean and corn best. Make this recipe plant-based by omitting chicken and adding two cans of beans (or beans and cooked quinoa).
If you’re stoked to make this drop a comment below or tag me in your pics. Enjoy!
#soupseason #souprecipe #souprecipes #chilirecipe #whitebeans #healthyeating #glutenfree #dairyfree #healthyrecipes