Manitoba Rural Women’s Day 2018
At the Manitoba Rural Women’s Day 2017 a survey was conducted. All participants were asked to fill out the survey plus members who weren’t able to attend could participate in an online survey. The survey was related to what are the concerns of rural women. A few interesting facts from the survey were:
• Of the 150 surveys completed, 61% live on farms or acreage
• Overall the top 3 priority issues facing rural women were identified as:
o Health care services in Rural Manitoba
o Mental Health Services in Rural Manitoba
o Elder care in rural areas
• For women under the age of 40 the top 2 concerns were the same but their 3rd priority was Child Care in Rural area.
Based on the results of the survey the Planned Program topic for 2018 will be Health Care in Rural Manitoba.
The proposed locations for Manitoba Rural Women’s Day 2018 are West – Virden and East – Morris. Work on Rural Women’s Day 2018 will start early in 2018. Details will be announced as they are finalized by the planning committee.
The Planned Program Committee is looking for another committee member to work with Deb and Arenda. The job description is:
• There will be 1 or 2 face-to-face committee meetings, the rest will be via conference call, generally these are held monthly (or as required).
• Participate in the planning which includes sponsorship, advertising, speakers, display tables…
• Attend both days to assist with the execution of the event
• Optional: involvement in determining resolution issues and writing of resolution
If you are interested in helping with the planning of Manitoba Rural Women’s Day please contact the office.