To Our Tan Orthodontics family.
We hope this letter finds you and your family healthy and safe. We have been through a period of change and adjustment during the COVID 19 crisis and hope to return to some sense of normalcy soon. While we prepare our office for eventual re-opening, our commitment to provide orthodontic excellence with your health and safety in mind is of utmost importance.
We will continue to follow the infection control protocols outlined by our regulatory body, the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario, and the guidelines of our national, provincial and local health authorities. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, as you have experienced during all your previous visits to our office.
In light of current events, we want to tell you about the infection control procedures we currently and will continue to follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe. To help protect our patients and staff, some changes we have implemented include the following:
- We ask that all patients arrive to the office wearing a mask. Due to the global shortage of personal protective equipment (PPE) caused by this pandemic, we want to ensure that medical supplies are available to healthcare workers who need them.
- Upon your arrival we ask that you remain in your car until we call you to come in. Please do not arrive without a scheduled appointment time.
- Enhanced use of hand sanitizer and hand washing upon entering, during and exiting the premise
- Magazines and other difficult to clean items have been removed from the reception area, the tooth brushing stations and washrooms are temporarily closed to reduce the risk of infection
- All appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. As a result, you may be offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will be restricting the number of people coming to an appointment to minimize person contact.
Prior to your next appointment, our office will communicate the changes to our office protocol, patient sign-in processes and clinical procedures. A screening questionnaire will be reviewed and you will be asked those same questions again at your appointment.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep everyone safe in our practice.
We genuinely appreciate your support as we adapted to working from home and providing care remotely.
We will continue to offer treatment guidance through emails and photos. We value your patience as we work through these changes, and look forward to seeing the smiles of our patients, neighbours and friends.
Dr. Jessica Tan and her dedicated Tan Orthodontics Team