About the NYMAC Page
NYMAC is a multi-state collaborative that strives to ensure the health of newborns and all persons in our region through newborn screening and life-long services for people who have conditions with a genetic component.
We collaborate with patients, families, medical
practitioners, leaders in public health, newborn
screening laboratories, and genetic specialists to:
• Identify needs and educate patients, their
families, practitioners, and the general public
• Develop, implement, and promote improved
practices in and access to testing, diagnostics,
treatment, and follow-up care
NYMAC is funded through a grant from the Maternal and Child Health Bureau of the Health Resources and Services Administration (MCHB/HRSA.)
We look forward to hearing from you, but please keep in mind while this is an open forum we ask that your comments and wall posts are clean and family-friendly. Below are posting guidelines. Comments and wall posts that do not comply with these guidelines will be removed.
- Graphic, obscene, explicit or racial comments are NOT allowed, nor do we allow comments that are abusive in nature, hateful or intended to defame a person, organization or institution.
- Solicitations and advertisements are prohibited. This includes promotions and endorsements of any financial, commercial or non-government agency.
- We do not allow comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity of any kind.
Thank you in advance for abiding by these family-friendly guidelines. We're looking forward to empowering you to live a healthy life.