• • • • • •
Omega-3's. I know you have heard a lot about them. If you search it online, you will get a million hits.
So let's make it simple.
▪️It's a type of healthy fat.
▪️Building block for your cells and tissues.
▪️Can taste like fish.
▪️Fortified in different foods.
▪️Hugely beneficial to human health: cardiovascular health, skin, mood and cognition, and certain hormonal health issues. These are the biggies with the most research.
Omega-3's can be found in:
1) Animal sources:
- fish like anchovies, sardines, mackerel, salmon, herring
- omega-3 fortified eggs
2) Plant-based sources:
- nuts like almonds, walnuts, pecans, macadamian
- seeds like sunflower, pumpkin, chia
- dose matters so you don't have to take a bajillion capsules per day
- consider plant- vs animal-based products
- should have a start and end date. or a date when you reconsider the prescription
- expected outcome for why you take it
- either alone or in combo with other fat-soluble vitamins (e.g. Vitamin D)
These are the BASICS of what omega-3's and what's out there. Want to learn more about them and other supplements? At @gbimedicine, we have a 8-week Your Healthiest Self Program that where we talk about different aspects of health and wellness, including different supplements, exercise and movements ideas, hormone balancing, stress management and so much more!
Comment below or DM to sign up for this program!